Monday, June 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes

My two favorite things to put in a dessert~ Peanut butter + Chocolate. 




Best. Combination. EVER.

Iv'e made these cupcakes several times, and I will most definitely make them several more times. They're delicious. And amazing. And delicious. Understand?

Okay, I can tell you right now, I will probably never make a cake from scratch. I won't do it. It's not that I can't, it's just that I won't. I guess I just love the taste of all those lovely preservatives in a box of cake mix. Alright, I won't go that far, but cake is one thing I don't like making from scratch, cause I'm not good at it. (And, hey, maybe I am just a little bit lazy sometimes). Cookies, brownies, anything else, really, I will make.

Now that we've gone over that, I'll tell you what you will need for these cupcakes.

  • Chocolate cake mix
  • Cake mix ingredients (Oil, water, eggs)
  • Peanut Butter
  • Reeses peanut butter cups
  • 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Step one (and a half):
  • Make the cake batter
  • Preheat oven according to cake mix box
Step two:
  • Chop up a few of the Reeses cups and mix them into the batter. (I forgot to do this with these cupcakes, but I recommend you add them, otherwise its just plain chocolate cake)
  • Make sure to save some of the Reeses to top off the cupcakes.
Step three:
  • Line the cupcake pan with papers and fill them about 3/4 full with batter
Step four:
  • Bake!
Step five:

After the cupcakes cool, it's time to make the chocolate peanut butter dipping tastiness.
  • Put the whipping cream in a sauce pan and heat until boiling
  • Put the chocolate chips and about a half cup of peanut butter into a mixing bowl, and pour the hot whipping cream over the chips.
  • Whisk the mixture until combined
  • Add as much peanut butter as your little heart desires. (My little heart desires a lot of peanut butter)
Step six:
  • Dip the tops of the cupcakes in the chocolate, then top them off with Reeses peanut butter cups
Step seven:
  • Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment